Tuesday, April 10, 2007

South Haven











As a kid my parents used to take my sister and I along with our golden retriever to a summer home for about 2 weeks every summer. First it was a house in Long Beach Island, NJ where we would run around with our cousins and grandparents. After that location we found Block Island, off the coast of Rhode Island and we were hooked. As a family we've always wanted to rekindle that tradition so we asked what's a great destination and were told about South Haven, MI. My mom rented a house right on the beach, just down about 100 steps (see photo) where we had close to our own private beach to play on. The house was small but perfect for our needs and it looked right over Lake Michigan so was the perfect place to watch the sunset. We grabbed Sadie, and my parents brought McKinley and it was near perfection. My sister, her fiance and foosa were very missed but my dad's hectic work schedule and my everchanging schedule made the momets we were all together very few but special none the less. We cross our fingers that we will get to do this more often and maybe even have a summer home of our one, especially one looking over a great big body of water!
Enjoy the pics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.