Sunday, April 26, 2009

USHMM VIPs












The featured speaker for the event was Father Patrick Desbois, a man who has devoted many years of his life to uncovering mass graves, remnants of the Holocaust, in remote parts of the world, mainly in the Ukraine. He was a very warm man, most men in cloth make me feel very removed, but he spoke to everyone and prepared hard for the event. During the cocktail reception we get the word that Mayor Daley is arriving at the hotel, at a quiet entrance, and we bring Father Desbois downstairs with us to take some photographs. It's all very hurried and rush, rush, and over before I even know it. Daley has his own photographer who follows him around, it's always the same woman, I've seen her three times now, and we never have time to exchange a word, barely a glance. Still, it's a lot of fun and I enjoy shooting a Chicago personality like Richard Daley. Of course, how could I forget our now Illinois Governor, Pat Quinn. Last time I met him we were sweating it out at the Illinois State Fair, him, showing us the the way to the large items carved out of butter. He's a pretty funny guy.

Enjoy the pics!

No comments: